RemoteUnited States, New York, REMOTE$50,000 - $60,000 per yearDesign
The Air Apps team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 50+ employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 90 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.7 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
The Creative Designer position will be responsible for creating eye-catching, innovative designs across our brand design, marketing creatives, product design content, and more. This role will mentor and collaborate with other designers, guiding the creation of high-quality
creatives across illustration and graphic design.
- Produce high-quality illustration and graphic design projects, from concept to delivery.
Design original pieces such as illustrations, graphic designs, App Store screenshots, App Store feature images, in-app event cards, social media images, illustrations, icons, and more.
- Create sketches, mind maps, mood boards, and mockups to visualize design ideas early
in the design process.
- Design pitch presentations for new product proposals and creative explorations.
- Provide and receive detailed feedback within the design team and with outside
- Develop and adhere to design guidelines for static & illustrative assets.
- Conduct in-depth trend research and competitor analysis to ensure assets are on-trend
while maintaining our brand image.
Expected daily activities
- Design app screenshots, promo images, static ads, in-app promo artwork and more.
- Use Adobe software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Figma or other software.
- Use Google Drive and Figma for file handoff and project file organization.
- Communicate with other designers regarding feedback and to brainstorm creative solutions.
- Attend 1:1s, design feedback meetings, company meetings and the occasional live design sessions.
- Create documentation discussing workflows and guidelines specific to your role.
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect with our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- 5+ Years of experience as a Graphic Designer, Creative Designer, or similar role.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Figma, or related design software.
- An excellent eye for design and inherent knowledge of design principles such as composition, balance, color, layout, hierarchy, etc.
- The ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Experience developing creative solutions in a creative agency, product design or similar field.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
The job requires operating in small teams in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remotely means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically.
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork, and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge and experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align your and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE. No re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.