Finance Manager (Portugal)
RemotePortugal, Lisboa, REMOTE
The Air Apps team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 50+ employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 90 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.7 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
Apps, Inc. is looking for a detail-oriented Finance Specialist to
help build out our finance department. This role is primarily responsible for tracking cash flow and financial
planning and analyzing the company's financial strengths and weaknesses and
proposing strategic directions as well as completing a number of ongoing
tasks related to the successful functioning of the finance department. This role will collaborate with
all departments within the company and report directly to the CEO.
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Accounts payable
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Manage procurement
- Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance tech stack
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Help build out the finance department within Air Apps, Inc.
- Make bank deposits
- Work with accounting and tax firm
- Collaborate with all departments
- Understand the overall goals of the company and make decisions that reflect the organization’s core values and long and short-term objectives
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the company
- Receive approved credit card statements from company cardholders and enter all charges into the accounting system
- Work with the finance specialist in the US
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect with our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions.
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses.
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote.
- Apple hardware environment.
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness).
- USD350.00 Home office setup.
- USD 500.00 Yearly Learning and Development budget.
- USD 200.00 Yearly to meet a colleague
- Air-Get-Together - We hold a yearly global get-together. (Berlin2023)
- Health insurance
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 10 days of sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks of parental leave + 8 weeks of maternity leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance / Accounting with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of Ramp, Quickbooks
- High degree of ethics and attention to detail; Sense of ownership and accountability with a positive attitude to learn and improve and willingness to contribute to a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to gather and evaluate information and provide value-added insights
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively in order to meet deadlines
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remotely means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary