iOS Quality Assurance Engineer
RemoteBrazil, Rio de Janeiro, REMOTE$50,000 - $60,000 per yearEngineering
The Air Apps team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 50+ employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 90 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.7 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
If you have a passion for identifying and finding bugs in mobile applications, you could very well be cut out for a career in manual testing at Air Apps. As a Software Tester, you will have a major role to play in the quality assurance stage of our software development process. You will be responsible for safeguarding our products and ensuring that our customers are always getting the best quality products delivered right into their hands.
You will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of test suites for our existing and upcoming products as well as executing those test suites ensuring that requirements defined have been met by the development team
For this role, you will have good analytical and problem-solving skills and an exceptional eye for detail.
- Design test cases/suites based on acceptance criteria defined in user stories
- Test organization, test execution, and results reporting
- Work closely with developers and product owners to ensure requirements are thoroughly defined and covered in test suites
- Identify & configure tools required for managing test suites and reporting
- Take part in sprints testing new features as the development team deliver
- Report bugs and create tickets describing issues, reporting them to the development team to ensure sprint goals are met
- Monitor and escalate aging bugs on the backlog with the Product Team and Scrum Master
Expected daily activities
- Take part in daily stand-up promoting transparency and collaboration
- Work on creating and updating test suites for existing and upcoming products/features
- Test features during sprints, reporting bugs to developers in Jira
- Take part in planning & grooming sessions with the aim to keeping a healthy backlog of features ready for development
- Communicating early and often on progress/status of currently assigned tasks
- Identify areas that require documentation creating new or editing existing documentation
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- USD 500.00 Learning and Development Stipend
- Retreats - Yearly All Hands Meet up
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 10 days sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
- Proficient in English
- Minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with manual testing of native iOS apps.
- Solid ability to organize and execute, tests and report results
- Good test design and testing skills, passion for quality, and an attention to detail
- Experience with TestFlight, HockeyApp, or App Center is essential
- Familiar with iOS / iPadOS / Watch OS / macOS
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines like Bitrise or Jenkins for example
- Enthusiasm for latest iOS, Watch OS, macOS trends, features, and releases
- Solid experience in working with software engineers and product owners in a cross-functional team
- Worked in a lean and agile development process, at a minimum Kanban or Scrum
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remote means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE for candidates in Brazil only, no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.