People Operations Specialist (Remote - Portugal)
RemotePortugal, Lisboa, REMOTEPeople Operations
Air Apps' team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 18 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 50 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
The Global People Operations Coordinator puts the employee first by humanizing impersonal systems and continuously improving employee engagement, development, and retention. As part of the People Operations team, you'll enjoy an engaging and fast-paced environment, with opportunities to contribute to the growth of the air apps brand.
- Assist in managing the employee journey.
- Proactively creates new systems and programs to improve ways of working.
- Support the current workforce so that there is less turnover.
- Provide onboarding and offboarding support for team members and will often work alongside other teams.
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process for the company.
- Process employee changes and terminations, including document generation, notifications, and HR systems updates.
- Support employees on a day-to-day basis and answer questions about benefits and company policies
- Assist in planning and implementing team events
- Complete ad-hoc projects, reporting, and tasks
Expected daily activities
- Respond quickly and effectively to time-sensitive employee issues
- Create projects focused on enhancing the employee experience
- Properly manage and document all work performed.
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- 3+ years of professional experience in People Operations in the EU and some experience globally
- Believe in an empathetic and modern approach to People Operations.
- Excellent knowledge of Lattice, Slack, Google Docs, and other communication channels;
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Be up to date with the latest People Operations trends, benefits, and needs
- Enthusiasm for finding the cause of any issues our staff and company face and help quickly resolve or provide a solution.
- BA in Human Resources or equivalent industry experience
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remote means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE, no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.