Product Design Manager
RemoteUnited States, New York, REMOTEProduct
Air Apps' team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 18 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 50 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
We are looking for an Product Design Manager (Mobile) who will lead and manage our team of talented designers to build the next generation of Apps. You will have the opportunity to create software that directly impacts how millions of customers use our products.
As the leader of the team, your primary concern and responsibility are the individual. You will deal with each member of the team on a personal level. You will need to understand the dynamic of the group, how it constantly evolves, the changes in structures, and the varying degrees of pressure. You will be very much attached to day-to-day trials and tribulations. You are the mission delivery team leader and manage a group of experts to perform specific tasks.
Being the interface between strategy and delivery in a two-way relationship, you will work with the leadership team and translate directives to your team as actionable tasks and deliverables. You will have your team's best interests and wellbeing as a primary concern and ensure that they are represented and influence decisions.
- Be good with people and ensure team happiness
- Provide a reasonable structure and standards to allow product designers to focus on their goals
- Establish a high-level design culture
- Ensure guidance on team struggles, helping to solve technical problems, or pairing with teammates
- Identify high performers that need to be nurtured, and lower performers that need assistance
- Ensure deliveries and highest standards
- Identify opportunities and forecast roadblocks
- Improve productivity and reduce costs
Expected daily activities
(35% Technical, 35% Managerial, 15% Administrative, 15% Recruiting)
- People management
- Design less than the senior Product Designer on the team, but enough to keep your skills sharp
- Creating timelines and plan long and short term efforts
- Meetings with technical and non-technical team members
- Conduct regular 1:1s with your teammates
- Help our product team create technical specs
- Make software choices and adapt to the fast-changing industry
- Adapt and create standards
- Report to the leadership team
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to develop and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- 5+ years of professional software design experience.
- 3+ years working as Product Design
- Great knowledge of iOS/iPadOS, WatchOS, and macOS SDKs
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Possess excellent software architecture and design skills
- Possess excellent people skills
- Possess excellent management skills and proven experience with agile methodologies
- Enthusiasm for quality, attention to detail, and overall customer experience
The job requires operating in small teams in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remotely means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
This position is fully REMOTE; no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.