Senior Brand Manager
RemoteBrazil, São Paulo, REMOTEMarketing
Air Apps' team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 18 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 50 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Brand Manager who will grow and amplify Air Apps' brand through strategic marketing programs, campaigns, and storytelling to support global hiring initiatives, drive growth, and build a trusted, world-class brand. The Brand Manager at Air Apps shapes our brand and public appearance, our people, and how we design and develop our apps. As the first team member in this role, you'll connect design, marketing, and product to create work that is both beautiful and impactful. In this role, you will own marketing programs focused on amplifying our mission, product vision, culture, and talented teams to attract and engage the world to be a part of our global, diverse community of customers and employees.
As you will be introducing the Brand Manager position at Air Apps, your priorities will initially look like the following:
Internal and external brand communication
- Drive brand attraction and affinity through blog posts, social and video content that unlocks and amplifies the diverse global voices and stories of talented teams within our employees and customer community.
- Own the launch of all internal and external recognition and award announcements, including App Store features, internal hackathons, employee initiatives, and management of press materials.
Recruitment brand marketing
- Understand the talent profiles for the organization and develop a robust recruitment brand marketing strategy.
- Through various digital platforms, promote and communicate Air Apps' mission, values, and employee value proposition.
- Develop communication campaigns to support the talent recruiting strategy and drive candidate attraction and engagement through social media, events, and other channels.
- Develop the narrative of engaging video content that highlights our culture and brand through the voice of our global employees.
- Create, uncover and articulate personal and inspirational employee stories to support the employer brand.
- Design and execute a comprehensive, integrated employer brand strategy, creating and implementing tactics to build the brand in the talent marketplace and within the organization.
Internal brand design and marketing
- Engage in creating brand guidelines and designs throughout all products of the company in collaboration with designers, video producers, and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with creative teams to develop concepts and campaign assets across communications channels, including social, video, native, and display.
- Develop campaigns to build brand affinity and advocacy amongst employees.
Expected daily activities
- Develop the brand strategy, including the setting of style guides, brand guidelines, brand vision, and value proposition for the short and long term.
- Plan and execute all communications and media actions on all channels.
- Own the entire roadmap for the development and messaging of the brand narrative.
- Ensuring consistent look and feel. Developing a fundamental brand tone messaging to maintain necessary consistency with global marketing materials and content.
- Stay up to date on market trends and competitive activity.
- Define and manage the brand communication strategy using a variety of media.
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- At least three years of relevant brand management experience
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Project management experience, with a solid understanding of project management principles and techniques
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Strategic thinker able to identify long-term opportunities and trends
- Possess strong communication skills and proven experience in managing a brand across multiple markets
- Be up to date with the latest trends, features, and requirements
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remote means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE, no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.