Senior Visual Designer / Illustrator (Remote - Brazil)
RemoteBrazil, São Paulo, REMOTECreative
Air Apps' team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 18 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 50 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
We are looking for an Illustrator who will design creative assets for our marketing and app products. You'll have a hand in building Air Apps' visual identity by developing a cohesive art style that will elevate the brand with the potential to make a massive impact on the industry. You will be a part of our fast-paced creative team, collaborating with our Marketing managers, Product Team, UI/UX Team, ASO Managers, and other designers to fulfill requests as needed. You will create stunning visuals that communicate our brand ethos with the potential to have a significant impact on the market. You shine when turning complex concepts into beautifully simple, attention-grabbing art. You embrace the agile workflow and aren't afraid to pivot on a dime for the best possible result. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Passionate about creating illustrations that make an impact.
- Create beautiful custom illustrations that engage users and inspire action.
- Develop a library of cohesive style and personality for our apps, brand, and marketing material.
- Work within an established brand guideline to evolve our visual style to align with our company's mission and values.
- Design characters and scenery for graphic design assets, video/animation, app welcome images, company website, and social media.
- Be a part of our highly collaborative creative team, fulfilling creative requests from other departments: UI/UX team, Marketing team, People Ops team, and CEO.
- Develop a cohesive style and personality across all of our app, brand, and marketing material.
- Share sketches, mockups, mood boards, thumbnails, and other process updates for review and approval of stakeholders.
- Keep up to date with design techniques, trends, and other standard practices.
- Perform competitor analysis and document findings regularly
Expected daily activities
[Illustration 40% Collaboration 30% Research & Documentation 30%]
- Develop rough drafts, thumbnails, and concepts for stakeholder review and approval.
- Communicate with stakeholders about project status and share new iterations for review.
- Organize project board in Jira by updating tickets based on their status.
- Research design techniques, trends, and standard practices.
- Document significant findings, processes, and workflows.
- Backup and organize files in shared Google Drives, adhering to proper file nomenclatures and hierarchies.
- Fulfill creative requests by adhering to technical specifications, creative goals, and requirements included in creative briefs.
- Collaborate with the creative team to align on the broader innovative strategies and branding.
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- 3+ years professional experience as an Illustrator, Graphic Artist, Visual Designer, or similar.
- Expert of Adobe Creative Cloud products, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Proficiency with Figma, Sketch, and Adobe XD.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Possess excellent drawing, graphic art, color theory, and compositional skills.
- Possess excellent visual communication, art direction, and graphic design skills.
- Be up to date with the latest illustration and design trends, features, and requirements
- Naturally enthusiastic about anything related to illustration and are constantly striving to improve your knowledge and skills.
- Degree in Illustration, Graphic design, Multimedia Design, Visual Design, or similar.
- Able to combine high-level strategic thinking with a strong design sense.
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remote means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE, no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.