Social Media Manager
RemoteUnited States, Rhode Island, REMOTEMarketing
The Air Apps team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 35 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 65 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
We’re looking for a Social Marketing Manager who has a thorough understanding of how to effectively manage various social media channels and create thoughtful, engaging content to build our brand community.
Our Social Marketing Manager will be responsible for successful social media campaigns and content from end-to-end, from ideation to reporting on performance, and have their hands in social media enablement and advocacy work. Some work may be done independently, with another member of the marketing or creative team, or as the social media subject matter expert on a cross-functional team.
Core Social Marketing Activities
- Develop and execute global social marketing campaigns of all sizes individually or with a cross-functional team.
- Craft a social marketing content calendar that will help engage, grow and educate our followers.
- Work with in-house brand and creative teams to create engaging assets, sometimes designing immediate needs yourself.
- Align social marketing assets with Air Apps' brand ethos and brand identity.
- Monitor and engage with users across social channels who mention us, sharing their content with Air Apps team members as appropriate - community management is a shared responsibility across the social marketing team.
- Contribute to developing and reporting on OKRs, campaign performance, and milestones.
Internal Social Marketing Activities
- Articulate & document social marketing strategies and processes in the Air Apps handbook - this is our living and breathing strategy.
- Consult with interested team members on their social strategy and position themselves within the Air Apps social community.
- Contribute to our new employee social media advocacy program.
- Work with the team to ensure amplification and engagement is incorporated as part of integrated campaign strategy and execution.
- Stay up-to-date and educating others on current technologies, changes, and trends in social media.
Expected daily activities
- Use social media marketing tools to create and maintain the company’s brand.
- Generate, editing, publishing and sharing engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos, and news).
- Work with marketing professionals to develop social media marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with the creative team to elaborate assets for social campaigns.
- Interact with customers via the company’s social media accounts.
- Research social media trends and informing management of changes that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities.
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English
- BS in Marketing or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years experience in social marketing across a breadth of social media-specific activities like campaign development, brand and community management, copywriting, light social graphic design, employee social advocacy - and the ability to step into any of these roles as needed
- Proven experience in managing highly visible, high-volume social media channels and reporting on performance
- Working independently as well as working as the subject matter expert in cross-functional teams
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Be up to date with the latest trends, features, and requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience in content management
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Ability to deliver creative content (text, image, and video)
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research, and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of online marketing channels
- Organizational skills
- Analytical ability
- An ability to multitask, to work on several projects at once
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remote means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE within the EU or EST of the US, no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.