Video Producer & Editor
RemoteBrazil, São Paulo, REMOTECreative
Air Apps' team is hiring highly motivated teammates to help build, maintain and market our mobile applications. We are a 100% remote company with just over 18 employees working across the globe every single day to build products that enrich people's lives. We combine the simplicity and greatness of Apple products by creating utility and productivity apps that make people's lives easier. Our portfolio contains Translate Now & Calculator Air, both the fastest-growing apps in their category. Our apps have been downloaded over 50 million times and received over 2 million ratings with an average of 4.6 stars.
At Air Apps, we intend to make people's life easier by offering software solutions that allow people to perform their daily activities in work, social, fitness, and learning right from their mobile devices.
About the role
We are seeking to add a Video Producer / Editor to our Creative team at our fast-growing startup. The Video Producer / Editor will manage projects from inception to completion, creating stunning videos seen on devices worldwide. You will create both short-form and long-form videos that tell stories and speak directly to our customers. Responsibilities for this role include planning and coordinating all aspects of production from concept, strategy, scripting, and storyboarding to shooting, editing, review, and handoff. The videos will range in purpose from app promotions, app feature showcases, recruiting, branding, and more. You have a wide range of skill sets ready to be put to the test. You have excellent editing skills, production skills, and post-production skills. You own every part of the pipeline and create stories with an impact. If this sounds like you, read on!
- Create eye-catching promo videos that engage and inspire the viewer to take action
- Support creative team on day-to-day video and motion graphic needs
- Use Adobe Creative Cloud apps including Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Source talent & locations
- Schedule and budget shoots
- Use lighting and camera operating skills to achieve a highly polished aesthetic
- Handle all aspects of post-production, including color correction, motion graphics, and sound design.
- Use Envato Elements and Adobe Stock for graphics, SFX, music, stock video, and photos
- Ensure alignment of our brand identity by adhering to brand guidelines
Expected daily activities
Video Production 50% Collaboration 25% Research & Documentation 25%
- Write scripts & draw storyboards
- Shoot & edit Video
- Create motion graphics, sound design, and color-correct footage.
- Communicate early and often on progress/status
- Research production techniques, trends, and common practices
- Document important findings, processes, and workflows
- Organize files in shared Google Drives, adhering to proper file nomenclatures and hierarchies
- Take part in review discussions and engage with coworkers to improve creative asset quality
- Collaborate with the creative team to align on the broader creative strategies and branding
We offer a fully remote, results-driven work style that enhances productivity and quality, providing excellent work-life balance. We also have great opportunities to connect within our international team through coffee calls, team meetings, and hackathons.
- Proven startup with significant ambitions
- Highly competitive salary and bonuses
- Flexible work environment, 100% remote
- Apple hardware environment
- USD100.00 Monthly allowance (Home office, Learning, Wellness)
- USD350.00 Home office set up
- Retreats - We plan to hold a yearly get together (COVID19 - when safe again)
- Health insurance (or your country's standard)
- 24 Annual vacation days (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks sick leave (or your country's standard)
- 4 weeks parental leave (or your country's standard)
- National holidays (or your country's standard)
- 40 Hours work-week (or your country's standard)
- Plus any other statutory benefit in your country
You are passionate about building world-class software. You aspire to join an energetic team in a fast-growing startup to build and grow products at scale. Your desired skills and experience include:
- Proficient in English.
- Degree in Film, Video Production, Media & Communications, Motion Design, or a related field.
- Portfolio and/or reel featuring promos, commercial or relevant creative work.
- Expert of Adobe Creative Cloud products, especially Premiere, After Effects, and Audition.
- Proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop & Cinema 4d.
- Must own or be willing to procure video equipment, including Camera, lighting, sound recording.
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient.
- Possess excellent videography, editing, sound design & motion graphics skills.
- Be up to date with the latest video creation trends, features, and requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The job requires operating in small teams, in a highly dynamic and remote environment. Working remote means that you need to, at least, manage one person - yourself. You must be able to, including but not limited to:
- Work effectively with multi-functional and international teams
- Work highly collaborative, without any micro-management necessary
- Use Slack and other remote communication/reporting tools
- Implement and structure a remote working routine
- Discipline and manage yourself
- Communicate heavily about statuses and issues
- Combine work and life in a healthy and productive flow
- Juggle multiple projects at the same time
- Work agile and fast, very fast
- Receive and provide constructive feedback
- Embrace changes
- Find the needle in the haystack and solve problems methodically
What Happens Next?
We expect to review your application ASAP. You'll hear from us within 2-3 days if we decide to invite you to a technical exercise. The exercise is representative of the kind of day-to-day work you'd be doing on the team. We usually only invite candidates to this stage that meet minimum standards, and those candidates should expect to spend about 2-3 hours completing this test.
The next phase of the hiring process will be a video interview with our people operations manager (approx. 30 min). You and she will talk through your background and your approach to remote, teamwork and Air Apps. After the people interview, the top candidates will proceed to the team interview stage. You'll talk with 1-2 members of the team about your technical knowledge, experience and discuss the position (approx. 1h).
The top candidates will proceed to the final interview stage. You'll talk to the leadership team and will align yours and the company's expectations. We aim to make an offer 3-5 days after your final interview.
Please note that we're unable to offer individual feedback during the process. We usually see 1,000+ applications, and our team can't provide personalized feedback. It is a demanding application process. We appreciate you giving us that consideration, and we promise to provide you with our full attention in return. We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is fully REMOTE, no re-allocation or visa sponsorship is provided. You will be able to work from anywhere; however, you will be hired in your legal country of residency.